Welcome to our website !

Amy's Feathered Buddies

Welcome to my blog dedicated to all things BUDGIES & COCKATIELS!

Supplements

By 19:55 , , , , , , , ,

These are the supplements that I provide my birds. I don't give it to them regularly, but only when its absolutely necessary. For example, I  give my birds the Calcium Supplements only when they're in the breeding mood and lay eggs...




 I don't breed them, but I just cant watch them deplete off their body calcium levels like that. Its harmful since without an external supply of calcium, they're using the Calcium present in their bones to produce the egg. We don't want them to use that. But of course,



 I always make sure that there's cuttlebone (A natural source of Calcium. It also helps trim their beaks and keep them in shape! We don't have to worry about them not-using. They use it only when they feel they have to. Its like getting a hair cut for us..we will get our hair trimmed every few months because we want to maintain it. Similarly, birds use the cuttlebone when they feel they need it.
I give my birds Calci-Lux from Versele Laga (Oropharma), when they're trying to breed.



 I give them Omni-Vit, when they're feeling a little under the weather. Omni-Vit is packed with multi-vitamins and you should give it to them when they're low on defense..from the inside I mean.



This supplement furnishes them with the energy that they need and they get better soon too. I personally love Versele Laga. My birds love the Seed-Mixes, Treats of this brand as well. Let me know what supplements you provide your birds. Mind you, supplements are no substitute for medicines when birds are ill.
Ill be preparing Crushed Eggshells for them this weekend...I will be using this instead of Calci_lux.
Ill write about that as well this weekend!
Have a Good Day and I hope your birds are as healthy and active as our super charged up gym trainers! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments